For those interessted I decided to write a small tutorial for my Lizardmen bases, or as I call them “Quick Swamp bases”. They are based (pun not intended) of the shattered domain bases from Games Workshop. But you could make mostly the same with regular bases and some rocks and stuff.
1. Start with the Shattered Domain bases (or a similar design of your own choosing) and clean them up
3. Drybrush the stone parts with Dawnstone
4. Drybrush again with skull white (if you do to much just drybrush some dawnstone on top)
5. Drybrush the swamp part with Elysian green, paint skulls with Usabti bone
6. Cover stones and skulls with Nuln Oil ink, this will “calm down” most of the clumsy drybrushing, as well as bringing out the details.
7. Mix together some Still water from Vallejo and some elysian green. Don’t take to much paint, something like 1:10 paint:still water is enough.
It should look something like this
8. Paint the swamp parts with this mixture, you will need to make multiple layers, let it dry for about an hour between layers.
After a bunch of layers, mine looks like this:
Now just add the soliders! (Don’t forget to clean up edges and/or any small mistakes, the edges are still not cleaned up perfectly on these)
An example with a larger base: